Thursday, October 4, 2007

ZOMG WTF Kara Batman

Today has got to be THE BEST kara loot day for me. First, I helped out Team Aggro on my rogue (almost brought my hunter but I assume I've not played her much to get used to raid dps output on her) and Emerald Ripper dropped. I'm a sword spec'd rogue, but since Madmatt has it already, I got it, and keeping it just in case I respec to dagger in the future. Although, I might actually use it as my off-hand, just because I don't have a good sword off-hand right now DPS or stat-wise. And checking damage meter with Asok after I need to leave for Team Crazy (and since Gaage came online - I was only filling in his spot till he comes online), I was 2nd in damage losing to Madmatt by 10k damage. =O I'm so happy about it, really.... happy.... /tear Why am I so emotional about it? Because usually I tend to feel like I'm a noob when I play my rogue, and that her damage sucks ass because she lacks gear. And mainly cos I've been looked down by a lot of rogue 'friends' in the past. I've always though I don't play my rogue as good as I could. So seeing me dish out damage like that makes me happy and even more motivated to get more gear and do more damage. I'm waiting to get the sword from Arena season 2 and that will really boost my DPS cos my mainhand is currently a generic level 70 sword 'of the bandit'

So then I switched to Stryphe to tank for Team Crazy. The start can be said to be pretty bad but that was because some zoned in through the side door while others through the front door. But we killed Curator easily (and the damn mage/hunter/lock T4 gloves dropped yet again - and everyone had it so it was greeded o.O ) but I got my first loot of the night! Forest Wind Shoulderpads. Thanks Aftershock for not wanting it! XD Head to Aran, and ZOMG! We actually killed Aran before he polymorphed the raid. Serious shit that was some AWESOME DPS! And that's after someone moved during flame wreath too! And all 3 healers died! But thankfully Serithia had a soulstone on him, Aftershock's self-resurrect was up and I battle resurected Mellisande. Verdict? Very very nice experience for the Aran fight. I can't remember what the loots were though :p

Off to chess event! As usual nothing much I can say for that, except I didn't get the cleric piece this time (I usually play the cleric cos I love the ranged DPS and heals). Took a pawn, played till it died, and then took a water elemental which was rather cool except the max mobs I had around me was only 2. Would have loved to have like 5 around me and see the damage done. :D Of course I'd die sooner too, probably. The shoulders and necklace I wanted didn't drop, but Trinitylsin got the leather belt and Aftershock (finally) got his mail leggings (which he later on so evil-ly ditched his loyal Earthsoul Leggings just cos it's leather). /pats the leggings

Chess is done, off to Prince! I.Hate.How.Random.This.Fight.Is. We were unlucky the first.... 3 tries I think. And we were pretty close in 2 attempts too! So finally we got him (with a lot of people dead thanks to stupid infernal placings) and guess what? I got my T4 helm!!!!!! ARGH!!!!! XD XD XD XD So happy!!!! Stag-Helm of Malorne mmmmmm sexy... so who cares if I look like a mutated deer wearing that! It's AWESOME! And my armor is now at 31k too! *drools* I love it so much!!!! I was literally shaking after winning the roll on that, not to mention screaming into my monitor like a wild monkey. Crazyvixen got the sweeeeeeet caster main hand too.

Off to Illhoof we go! As always I'm tanking Kilrek so I usually get into my DPS bear gear (so I can generate aggro, and kill Kilrek fast at the same time). DPS, again, was uber! Mellisande died of course, but no Illhoof fight is complete without the noob priest-who-keeps-forgetting-to put-his-stamina-gear-on dying. And..... Terestian's Stranglestaff dropped!!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!! Like ZOMG! +_+ I swear if I had a weak heart I'd have a heart attack already. So yeah only druid ftw! Mine! Muahahahhaa finally yay! Now Taloren can't tease me of my noob DPS :D

We had time to hit Nightbane, and we wiped on the first attempt cos Nightbane was a bastard who feared before Dartmus' cooldown (to be immune to fear) was still not up due to the previous fear. Bastard I tell you! I tried to tank him (zomg in dps gear without much armor but I had awesome heals) and I was praying so hard I don't get feared, or that I'd resist the fear... but I did not. =( So we wiped. 2nd attempt was smooth... beyond smooth. I almost died though because when he landed for the final time he went after Mellisande (healing aggro) and all I could think was "Hit it pull aggro off healer it doesn't matter if you die!" and that was what I did, I managed to hit it once to pull aggro, but not to hit anymore to let the tank get aggro (hopefully before I died). And zomg I was at like 3% health but I lived. The tank got hold of aggro and the thing running in my head was "Please Nightbane don't cleave don't blow fire don't kill meeeeeee" and I lived, went back to cat, and we pwned the sucker. I was silently hoping the druid healing chest doesn't drop because I really don't want to win anything else that night. Enough is enough! And yay it did not drop. Crazyvixen got a nice off-hand (to match the main hand from Prince!) while the healing necklace went to Aftershock. Oh, did I mention that the DPS was so uber we had time to spare after killing the skeletons (when he takes flight) and had to WAIT for him to land. Mmm.... uber.

It was truly a wonderful night, and it will surely help the guild in terms of progression and probably less stressed kills (like remember the VR kill 1 second after enrage?).

Now if only I could post a picture of myself with a HUGE ASS GRIN on my face. XD

No comments: