Friday, October 12, 2007

Magtheridon says "Hi"

This is Magtheridon. He reminds me of Jabba the Hut mutated with Rancor and a Bantha.



This, is Magtheridon's ass.... something I want to kick.



And this... is Magtheridon's head on a stick. Something I'd like to do soon.




Ok so the guild attempted Magtheridon today. It was our first time there so we were learning. The trash was easy imho. I mean I've heard people say trash pull sucks and what not... I say it's cake. Could probably get them down in less than 30 minutes and spend lots of time attempting and learning him next week. From what I've experienced last night, here are some things to share with any readers who might want some insight on certain things that are happening when you engage the adds.

I posted this on my guild forums but this is a more generalized version for anyone still in the learning process of this raid too:

1) It's obvious a non-prot warrior can tank the Channelers just fine. A warrior in DPS gear, with sword + shield, and defensive stance only receives a crushing blow of 3k. So it won't hurt DPS later when all adds are dead since weapons are swappable during combat, and stances as well. This would probably work fine if there is a feral druid who is going to be DPS on Magtheridon. Get in cat DPS gear, but go bear form, maybe swap weapons to a tanking weapon if need be.

2) Burning Abyssals (ie infernals) seem hurt most with it's fire blasts which hits for an average of 2k, but I think healers can heal through this. What sucks is that healers and casters who are being hit by these infernals are getting their spells interrupted, which is no good. Since these infernals only deal an average of 700 melee damage, I'm assuming it's easy for (again) a non-prot warrior to grab as many of them as they can to stop them from raping the healers. I've had 2 on me from swipes and their hits are really sissy.

3) Once Magtheridon is released, he does not have an aggro list right away. It takes him about 2 seconds to get his aggro list out, and targets someone. Tank should usually be beside Magtheridon then, waiting to get aggro. It worked fine, I waited on him and aggroing him was not too hard thankfully.

5) That sonofabitch cleaves for 9k on me. So when the tank gets ready for Magtheridon to be released, designated healers would have to ignore the rest of the raid and focus on the MT. Kinda like imagine Gruuls on Growth #10. Cleave is very very bad, so tank has to tank him where the two channelers are dead, not where the whole raid is killing the 3rd channeler.

No comments: