Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Unlootable mobs

Do take note: The mob in Blade's Edge Mountains (South-West) named Abyssal Flamebringer cannot be looted once their body sets. After they die, they basically take like 0.5 seconds to do a dramatic-hand-in-the-air death before they shizzle and plop on the ground and only during this time can you loot the corpse. Click on it fast when it dies before it shizzles into a black patch on the ground. If you get the 'rare' death scene (I notice this happens when you kill it with a big bang, like crit or something), then there is no way for you to click on it as it just explodes and you're left with the black patch. You can see the sparklies on the black patch, but somehow it's not lootable. You can still target them using "/tar Abyssal" for example, but I tried /loot and well... that's not the command for looting a corpse rofl.

Having said that, it'll be sad for those who are killing them from a far range cos well... you'll either need to get near before it dies, or risk not getting any loot. I farmed them on my rogue (for a BOP alchemy recipe) and sadly, I died 3 times in the span of 50 minutes because I was trying to loot them even when I had an extra mob on me (cos I don't want to lose the loot) and did not vanish in time. So it really sucks. I've reported this to the GM but they didn't manage to reply me before I had to log off, so I'll need to wait for my brother to checks his e-mail and get back to me on their reply. I hope they fix this soon.

Also take note that this is the same case for the Gargantuan Abyssals in The Arcatraz (since they are basically the same mob-graphic-thingie).

I'll update more when I find out about the reply from the GM, or if they fix it in any patch. =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go play Pirate King Online!!!

:P